Gold Coast Disability Employment Services
GCESS Employment Services
Thank you for considering Gold Coast Employment Support Service to help you achieve your employment goals. GCESS believe in the rights of people with a disability to live a life that has the same opportunities as those without a disability. We have the knowledge, skills and resources to help you find and keep a job.
We offer assistance through every step of finding and keeping a job.
We can help you with:
- Planning job options.
- Analysing your skills to find which job suits you best.
- Resume and job applications.
- Interview skills.
- Learning how to use public transport.
- Pre-employment training.
Once you have a job, we will offer assistance with:
- Learning the duties of the job.
- Talking to employers/co-workers about your job, disability or health issues.
- Developing strategies to help maintain employment through worksite support.
- Workplace modifications and special equipment if required.
- Liaising with Medical Professionals, Community Services and Government Departments.
- Ensuring wages are linked to an award or legally ratified agreement.
- Accessing the Supported Wage System to pay a pro-rata wage if the effects of a disability affect productivity.