Gold Coast Disability Employment
GCESS Employment Services
Thank you for considering GCESS to help you achieve your employment goals. GCESS believe in the rights of people with a disability to live a life that has the same opportunities as those without a disability. We have the knowledge, skills and resources to help you find and keep a job.
We offer assistance through every step of finding and keeping a job.
We can help you with:
- Planning job options.
- Analysing your skills to find which job suits you best.
- Resume and job applications.
- Interview skills.
- Learning how to use public transport.
- Pre-employment training.
Once you have a job, we will offer assistance with:
- Learning the duties of the job.
- Talking to employers/co-workers about your job, disability or health issues.
- Developing strategies to help maintain employment through worksite support.
- Workplace modifications and special equipment if required.
- Liaising with Medical Professionals, Community Services and Government Departments.
- Ensuring wages are linked to an award or legally ratified agreement.
- Accessing the Supported Wage System to pay a pro-rata wage if the effects of a disability affect productivity.